Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bear Hunt

Rachelle and the family were nice enough to let me go on a week long bear hunt.  It was a great trip and I was able to bag a 6 ½ foot, 350 lb black bear.  Here are some pictures from the trip.

The Mighty Hunters

We saw lots of wildlife and beautiful scenery.

I shot my bear from just behind this rock.  The bear was on the grassy river bank 250 yards away.

This is the boat we stayed on.

My bear was the largest taken on the trip.  It was 6 1/2 feet tall and weighed about 350 lbs.  There was no way I could lift it by myself.  The skull measured 19 9/16 inches which would make it a bronze score for Safari Club International (just bearly missed silver).

It will make a very nice rug.

It was a lot of work getting the hide off the bear and prepped.


1 comment: